How to apply
There are two main ways of applying to our DPhil in Molecular Cell Biology in Health and Disease programme.
- You can apply for our Departmental Prize Studentships. The studentship competition will have a deadline in early December for entry in October the following year. This is particularly recommended if you require funding. Details will be available on the website from mid September each year.
- Alternatively, you may approach any of our Group Leaders directly to ask if they are able to supervise you. This is particularly recommended for students who have their own funding. This can be done at any time. However it is advisable to start making enquiries at least 12 months before you are hoping to start. Applications can be accepted as late as August for entry in October, provided that places are available (see course status)
If you are unsure which Group Leader matches your interests, please contact us and we will advise you further. Once you have selected one or more prospective supervisors you should make direct contact with them, preferably by email. Your initial email should include your curriculum vitae, and a personal statement. This is when any possible projects might be discussed. Your supervisor may be able to advise you on possible sources of funding. If a supervisor confirms that they are in a position to consider an application from you, you should apply ONLINE.
The documents you will be asked to submit with your application include:
- a personal statement of up to 500 words, indicating a choice of up to two supervisors
- a CV/résumé (including your final school year results - A level or equivalent)
- three academic references
- official transcripts detailing your university-level qualifications and marks to date
- a project proposal is NOT required
The details for applications for Dunn School are: Course name DPhil in Molecular Cell Biology in Health and Disease; Course Code RD_PA2; Mode of Study Full time; Department Pathology
Please make a college choice. We have a strong association with Lincoln and Reuben Colleges, although you may choose any college you wish that accepts our students. If you are applying after the March deadline please contact us first so that we can help you find a college that still has places available.